Wondering how to shake up the dinner routine without spending your evening tethered to the stove? Enter this quick and nutritious dinner with soba noodles; bright, fresh flavors; plenty of protein; and even some yummy peanut butter. It also comes together in less than 30 minutes. This dish has easy-to-find ingredients and makes enough for two with leftovers.
For the noodles:
1 package skinless, boneless chicken breast (1.5- to 2-pound serving)
Salt, pepper, and olive oil
1 package buckwheat soba noodles
1 red bell pepper
1/8 cup peanuts
1 sprig mint
For the peanut sauce:
1/4 cup peanut butter, creamy or crunchy
1 tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce
1 tablespoon honey
1 clove garlic, pressed through a garlic press or very finely chopped
Juice from 1 lime
1 1/2 teaspoons olive, grapeseed, or sesame oil
Pinch of red pepper flakes
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Place chicken breast on a baking dish and drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Roast chicken breasts for 15 to 20 minutes.
- While chicken is cooking, cook soba noodles to package instructions and prep remaining ingredients. When noodles are done cooking, be sure to drain and immediately run under cold water.
- Wash the pepper and cut into bite-size pieces. Remove the outer layer of scallions and chop into small rounds. Finely chop peanuts and mint leaves.
- To prep the sauce: Add all ingredients for the sauce to a large mixing bowl and whisk until completely incorporated.
- Add the cooked noodles and peppers to the bowl with the peanut sauce, and toss to coat.
- Place in bowls to serve and garnish with chopped scallions, peanuts, and mint. Slice roasted chicken and add as desired. Enjoy!
- Main Dishes
- Other Asian
- 2-3 servings
- Cook Time
- 20 minutes