There are so many ways to get creative with your child’s next play date. For little ones who aren’t quite old enough to host a sleepover, plan a pajama party on a Friday or Saturday night. Invite friends and family to arrive in their coziest attire and enjoy the magic that will ensue as the kids put on their very own shadow puppet show inspired by Anna, Elsa, Olaf, Kristoff, and Sven. Keep reading to find out how to imagine your own Frozen-inspired story with our printable shadow puppet characters.
Imagination powered by Duracell.
What You’ll Need
- A light-colored sheet (or a roll of drawing paper)
- Clothespins or binder clips
- Fresh Duracell batteries
- Printable character templates
- Black cardstock
- Wooden dowels
How To Make It
1. Download and print out the character templates. If you don’t have a printer available, you can trace characters from a book to make your own templates.
2. Carefully cut out the templates and use a pencil to trace them onto black cardstock.
3. Carefully cut out the characters from black cardstock.
4. Use tape to attach a wooden dowel to the back of each character.
5. Hang up your sheet or drawing paper by using clothespins or binder clips with two chairs. Keep chairs secure in place with heavy books or helpful parents.
6. Set the scene by taping trees and snowflakes to the backdrop.
7. Encourage little ones to use their imagination and tell their own story together.
8. Kids can take turns using the flashlight and playing the characters. Make sure to have fresh Duracell batteries on hand to power your flashlights.
9. Show kids how holding the flashlight close to the sheet makes a small amount of light, and holding it too far away doesn’t make enough. Experiment to find the perfect distance (about 2-3 feet) for the “lighting expert” to sit.
10. Enjoy the show!
Make sure to have fresh Duracell batteries on hand to power your flashlights.
The post Create a Shadow Puppet Theater for Your Frozen-Inspired Pajama Party appeared first on Disney Family.