It’s hard to improve upon bagels, but we managed to do it anyway with these cute little pigs! Make a fun breakfast or snack your for your little ones, or just enjoy a little pick-me-up for yourself. The light touch of sweet combined with the fluffy cream cheese and marshmallow make for a heavenly bite. These will be your new go-to snack. If you’re wanting more sweet bagel ideas, try our rainbow bagels recipe and Oreo bagels.
Not only are Oreo bagels with Oreo cream cheese a real thing that’s happening in the world, but it’s also something that can happen right in your very own kitchen with our hacked recipe to what is fast becoming an Oreo-lover obsession. Bagels made with a smooth mix of chocolate and vanilla are filled with a creamy Oreo cream cheese and, of course, a handful of fresh cookies layered right in the center. Are you ready for this?
1 cup warm water, divided
2 teaspoons active dry yeast
1 1/2 tablespoons sugar
3 1/2 cups bread flour
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
4 teaspoons vanilla bean paste
2 tablespoons cocoa powder
1 cup cream cheese
- Place 1/2 cup of water and yeast in a stand-up mixer fitted with a dough hook. Stir and let stand until slightly foamy, approximately 4 to 5 minutes. Add sugar, and mix.
- In a separate bowl, mix together flour and salt, and then gently mix it into the yeast mixture. Add the rest of the water a little at a time until the dough comes together. Remove from the mixer and place in an oiled bowl. Cover with a warm towel and let rest for 1 hour, or until the dough has doubled in size.
- Remove the dough and knead in vanilla bean paste. Once fully incorporated, divide the dough in half and knead cocoa powder into 1/2 of the doug,h forming a dark and light dough. Split the dough balls in half once again and roll out into squares.
- Layer the dough light, dark, light, dark, and then slice into 4 strips. Take each strip and gently roll into a bagel shape. Pinch together the ends so they stay.
- Preheat an oven to 375°F and grease a baking sheet with oil.
- In a large pot, bring water to a boil and boil the bagels for 45 seconds on each side. Remove bagels from the water and bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until the bagel is cooked through and the exterior is firm to the touch. Remove from the oven and let cool on a wire rack.
- In a food processor, crumble 8 Oreos until they are a fine crumb. Mix in cream cheese until incorporated. Cut bagels in half and spread generously with cream cheese. Add 2 Oreos to each bagel and cover with even more cream cheese. Sandwich with the top half of the bagel, and enjoy.
- Desserts, Fillings
- 4 bagels