Pizza night is one of those things that you just can’t say no to. In fact, I’d create an entire night dedicated to pizza just because of this pizza. When I say this is the best vegan pizza ever, I’m not kidding. This is a naturally gluten-free pizza, the crust is made out of almonds and cauliflower, and the sauce is a dreamy cashew basil spread. I’m drooling just thinking about it . . . Oh, and I just had two slices. Since I don’t eat very much dairy, I was inspired to make go dairy free on this one. Sure, I could have thrown on some vegan cheese and called it a day, but why fake it when you can turn this into a super healthy green-infused pizza pie? My dreamy cashew basil spread is packed with greens and healthy fats, so you’re getting a ton of nutrition in every bite.
For the crust, you won’t have to slave over messy dough ingredients. I used Simple Mills Pizza Dough. It’s made out of the purest ingredients including almonds, flax meal, cauliflower, and oregano. You just add apple cider vinegar and grapeseed oil and stir. I was pleasantly surprised at how easy it was to make and beyond impressed with how delicious it tasted.
A naturally gluten-free vegan pizza recipe with an almond and cauliflower crust and dreamy cashew basil spread.
1 box Simple Mills Almond Flour Pizza Dough
2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
2 tablespoons grapeseed oil (or any other unflavored oil)
6 tablespoons water
1 cup spinach
½ cup basil, plus extra for topping
½ cup olive oil
¼ cup cashews
½ lemon, squeezed
3 tomatoes (I mixed cherry and vine tomatoes), sliced thin
½ avocado, sliced thin
¼ teaspoon salt
Red pepper flakes, for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl whisk apple cider vinegar, oil, and water. Add mix and combine well until a dough forms.
- Spread a light layer of oil on the parchment paper. Place the dough on the baking sheet and flatten onto the baking sheet, using your palms to create a raised area for the crust. It’s helpful to put oil on your hands, so the dough doesn’t stick. Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until crust is lightly browned.
- In the meantime, in a food processor, process the spinach, basil, olive oil, cashews, lemon, and salt until smooth.
- Remove the pizza dough and spread dressing evenly over the center of the pizza. Top with tomatoes, avocado, and basil. Garnish with red pepper flakes and serve warm.
- Main Dishes, Pizza
- 6 slices
- Cook Time
- 20 minutes