These savory treats are unbelievably simple to prepare. They taste so good, your pup will feel like a prince or princess, and no one will guess they only took a few moments to make! They’re super fun for children to make for the family pooch over spring break, too . . .
This recipe calls for Keen®, a dehydrated human grade dog food made by The Honest Kitchen. Until March 13 at midnight, and while supplies last, POPSUGAR readers can buy a 4-pound box of Keen (which makes a whopping 16 pounds of food when hydrated) for a discount. The remaining food that you don’t use for the recipe can be served in place of, or as a healthy whole food topping to, your pup’s regular meals. Just use code POP50 at checkout at thehonestkitchen.com to save 50 percent off your box. Limit one per customer, while supplies last.
2 cups Honest Kitchen Keen® dehydrated dog food
1 cup warm water
2 free-range eggs
1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese
1/2 cup fresh raw ground turkey
1/4 cup grated raw carrot
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and grease a large baking sheet.
- Hydrate the Keen dog food with the warm water in a large mixing bowl and stir thoroughly.
- Add in the remaining ingredients, and stir to form a dough.
- Mold the dough into meatballs sized appropriately for your dog, using your hands.
- Place the meatballs on the greased baking sheet.
- Bake at 350°F for about 25 minutes (slightly longer for large meatballs) or until slightly crispy on the outside.
- Cool thoroughly before serving.
- Store in the fridge for three to four days in an airtight container, or freeze up to three months.
- Pet Treats, Dog Food