One of our favorite new Starbucks holiday drinks is the Snickerdoodle Hot Cocoa. It’s the perfect combination of sweet and spice, much like a snickerdoodle cookie, and it’s a great accompaniment for dunking your holiday cookies! Because we love this drink so much, we’ve come up with our own recipe that’s just as good and decadent as the Starbucks original. The best part? You can make it whenever the craving strikes at a fraction of the price!
- Cinnamon dolce syrup:
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Snickerdoodle hot cocoa:
- 1 cup whole milk
- 2 tablespoons white chocolate sauce
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon dolce syrup
- Whipped cream
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar plus 1 teaspoon cinnamon, mixed together
- To make cinnamon dolce syrup: In a pot over medium heat, add water, sugar, brown sugar, cinnamon, and vanilla extract. Bring mixture to a boil, then lower to a simmer for 10 minutes or until sugar is melted completely and has developed a syrup consistency. Pour into a jar and let cool.
- To make snickerdoodle hot cocoa: Add milk to a mason jar with a lid. Cover with lid and shake vigorously for 30-45 seconds. Remove the lid and microwave for 1 minute, or until the milk is hot. Add white chocolate sauce and cinnamon dolce syrup, and stir until incorporated. Pour into a mug and garnish with whipped cream and cinnamon sugar.
- Drinks, Hot Drinks
- 1 serving
- Cook Time
- 25 minutes