If you’ve never thought about making your own sprinkles, now is the time to start. Rachel Fong from Kawaii Sweet World dropped by our kitchen to show us how! Not only are these unicorn sprinkles tiny and adorable, but they’re so easy to make. Let your imagination run wild with different colors and shapes. You can make any dish more magical with these little guys. If you’re looking for more unicorns in your life, be sure to check out these unicorn Oreo pops and this mesmerizing unicorn cake.
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons meringue powder
- 7-10 tablespoons water
- Gel food coloring
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- Luster dust
- Whisk together powdered sugar and meringue powder, then add in 2 tablespoons of water at a time, mixing after each addition. Continue adding water until desired consistency is reached.
- Separate icing, and mix in gel colors as desired.
- Pipe out and decorate sprinkles, then let set for at least 8 hours or overnight.
- Mix almond extract and gold luster dust together and paint onto the horns. Draw on the eyes with edible ink marker. Use these sprinkles for cookies, cakes, or anything sweet your heart desires!
- 1 jar of sprinkles
- Cook Time
- 1 day