Grilled chicken: it’s healthy but can also be uberboring. But not when you make it like Marcela Valladolid from the Food Network show The Kitchen. The Mexican-American chef adds just a few herbs like cilantro, parsley, and rosemary to lemon juice and olive oil to make the dish juicy and flavorful.
All you need is a bag to marinate the chicken in for two hours, some patience, and a grill to make this delectable recipe that’ll have you eating chicken every night for dinner.
If you buy the chicken breasts already trimmed in halves, they’re pretty thin so there’s no need for pounding.
1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
3 garlic cloves, minced
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
2 tablespoons fresh parsley, finely chopped
2 tablespoons cilantro, finely chopped
1 teaspoon fresh thyme, finely chopped
1/2 teaspoon fresh oregano, finely chopped
1 teaspoon fresh rosemary, finely chopped
3 tablespoons lemon juice
1 tablespoon lemon zest
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts halves
- Mix all ingredients except chicken together in a 1-gallon ziplock bag.
- Add chicken breasts and massage marinade into meat until evenly coated.
- Seal the bag and place in the refrigerator. Let the chicken marinate at least 2 hours.
- Preheat grill to high heat.
- Lightly dip a wad of paper towels in vegetable oil and, using tongs, carefully rub over grates several times until glossy and coated.
- Place chicken breasts on the grill. Grill for about 2-3 minutes per side.
- Main Dishes
- South American