Whether you sport red, white and blue for Team Captain America, or are on Stark’s side with Team Iron Man, a night of crafts and snacks inspired by Marvel’s Captain America: Civil War will bring everyone together for a super fun time.
Host an epic movie night with Pop Secret popcorn, homemade cones, and a chalkboard marquee announcing the evening’s program. Marvel’s Captain America: Civil War is now available on Blu-ray™ or Digital. And get a free Pop Secret popcorn at select retailers.
- 2 bags of Pop Secret microwavable popcorn
- 6oz flavored gelatine (Jello)
- 1 stick of butter
- 2/3 C. white sugar
- 2/3 C. corn syrup
- Pre-heat your oven to 300°F.
- Microwave 2 bags of popcorn as directed on the bag. Pour out the contents into a large bowl and set aside.
- Begin by melting the butter on medium heat in a small saucepan on the stove. While stirring, add in the sugar and corn syrup.
- While continuing to stir, add the flavored gelatin mix.
- Bring the mixture to a boil.
- Once the mixture reaches a boil, immediately remove the saucepan from the heat and continue stirring.
- Carefully pour the hot mixture onto the popcorn, and then mix together until the popcorn is evenly coated.
- Prepare a baking sheet with aluminum foil, then pour the popcorn onto the sheet as evenly as possible.
- Bake in the oven for 10 minutes, periodically checking on the popcorn, then remove from the oven. (Note: remove earlier if the popcorn appears to begin browning.)
- Let the popcorn cool.
- Once cool, spoon the popcorn into a serving bowl. If any has clumped while hardening, break it apart.
- Eat and enjoy!
Paper Cones + Holder DIY:
- 3 rectangular sheets of red striped paper (9 x 12in recommended)
- 3 blue sheets of blue striped paper (9 x 12in recommended)
- 1 roll of parchment paper
- 1 Roll red wrapping paper
- 1 Rectangular cardboard gift box (11x16x3in recommended)
- Red, white, and blue construction paper
- Measuring cups for tracing (Note: These can be substituted with any round objects with similar dimensions)
- Scissors or X-Acto knife
- Star shape punch (optional)
- Start by rolling a sheet of striped paper in red or blue into a tube shape, tightening the roll at the bottom to create a cone shape.
- Wrap the bottom with a strip of tape to hold the cone in place.
- Cut a sheet of parchment paper down to the size of your striped sheets of paper.
- Repeat step one with the piece of parchment paper and tuck this new cone into your striped cone.
- To create a Captain America shield for the popcorn cone, begin by tracing a circle onto a sheet of red. Cut out the large red circle.
- Trace a slightly smaller circle onto a white sheet of paper. Cut out the medium white circle.
- Trace a circle slightly smaller than the white circle in step 6 onto a red sheet of paper. Cut out this small red circle.
- Trace a circle slightly smaller than the red circle in step 7 onto a blue sheet of paper. Cut out this smallest blue circle..
- Lastly, use a star shaped hole-punch to cut a star out of a sheet of white paper (or draw and cut stars that would fit within the smallest blue circle)
- Glue the circles onto each other, layering them centered over one another from largest to smallest, and finishing them off with the white star. This should result in a pattern of red, white, red, and blue concentric rings—just like Captain America’s shield!
- Glue this finished shield onto the rolled popcorn cones to give them an extra patriotic punch.
- Repeat steps 1-10 six times to create a total of six cones.
Paper Cone Holder:
- Place the lid of your gift box onto your box and tape it securely into place.
- Wrap with the box completely with red wrapping paper.
- Using a pen or pencil, mark 6 dots—evenly spread across the lid—to indicate where to cut holes for your popcorn cones.
- Using an X-Acto knife or scissors, cut X shapes where you marked your dots, cutting through the wrapping paper and cardboard of your gift box.
- Bend down the edges of your X-shaped cut and fit your cones snugly into opening.
- Lastly, fill the empty cones with popcorn and serve to your family of hungry heroes!
Movie Night Sign DIY
- Picture frame
- Chalk Paint
- Blue paint
- Remove the glass and backing of your picture frame, as you would when inserting a photo. Set aside the glass and instead of adding a photo, paint the frame’s backing with black chalk paint. Let dry.
- Paint the edge of your photo frame a color of your choice. Let dry.
- Scribble a movie message onto your new chalkboard, and reassemble your frame, adding the glass back in if you want to preserve your message.
The post Host a Marvel’s Captain America: Civil War Movie Night appeared first on Disney Family.